So what are these bottles I've dug up? And yeah a bunch of 1950's Glass Clorox bottles

 







That's a really good question.

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what many of these are. In fact I even recruited the help my of my lovely ladies' 87 year old grandparents to see if they had any idea.

Her grandfather did infact have some idea. This bottle, an odd amber colored with a wide neck and walls caked with an odd chalky substance that smells sort of like cholrene which I hope dosnt give me cancer. His best guess was Milk of magnesia and her grandmoher suggested peroxicde.

I havnt run the numbers on the bottom of the bottle yet(that may be my best bet to I.D. the thing), but from compairing the bottles on G**gle images, it seems to be a milk of magnesia bottle. I wish my dad was still around, he'd know that for sure. A bit of a bottle collector and picker himself (the tv cabinet was lined with em, and old blow torches) He was always entusiatic to hunt for information on things. he found. One thing I wish I remembered the location of an old bottle dump he found years before he retired. He told me you could still see those thin tire tracks from model T's and the telephone lines still had those nice multi colored glass wire insolators he would later in life covet. I miss the guy.


Anyway back to the bottles:

This whiskey bottle was one of the first /I found once I decided to start digging. I really thought I had soething here, "look at the leters! you can still read it!" I thought. Man I was careful trying to get that out haha. I acted like I just found a stegosaurus back plate, or what ever those brothers are looking for on 'the Curse of Oak Island'.





MR. Bostons Whisket Pinch bottle. I think it looks cool, if I was of mind I might stick lights in it for tht whole Bohemian Wine-o feel. It stands just under a foot tall and the writing on the back reads:

                                                      ' THIS IS AN "A" BLEND

It contains 35%Straight Whiskies...all of which are 4 years or more and 65% Grain Neutral Spirits

                                                        "it's smart to pour Pinch" '

Now isnt that lovely?











Me, being some dude who stumbled across bottles buried in the woods with a Bachelors degree from Wikipedia is guessing the age most of these bottles to be around the early 1960s based on these Glass Clorex botles which seem to be from around then. Those 3 and a half Clorox bottles I found  plus the coke bottle from the 1940s and milk glass found in the same few feet of earth gives me the amature time range 1940's to 1960s. . As you can see I'm no expert, but this seems like a reasonable age frame until I find something to conterdict that. 

Speaking of Clorox bottles, this was the first thing that realy caugh my eye kicking around in the sticks. When the hell did Clorox come in glass bottles?? 




Now heres something that really made me happy. A milk bottle! I know who gives a shit, still it's a freaking milk bottle thats been in the ground for 60 some odd years. Neat.





Again something I need to do a little bit more research on

Something that started out in my mind as an old ink bottle, may infact be an old nail polish bottle circa 1940s-1950s. As you can see i has no label but with the help of that G**gle-photo-seach thing the bottles that come up sure do look like that. The only thing is I have not stumbled on any with a black cap like mine in the 2 and half mintues I was looking into it. When I get the chance I'll check to see if under he cap has a hole for the brush. (update: no idea. if i was a nail polish bottle that had it cap on for 60ish years, youd think the brush would still be in there. maybe it had one..)





Besides that, mucho mason jars, old beer and booze bottles. Even an old glass salt/pepper shaker

I can only assume these are old booze and wine bottles. 




anywho.. that's a ll for now children, I'll updated this post with more information and photos once I have the rest of the bottles cleaned up. 
(edit 3/8/2022)
another trip out to my dig site and va-la 4 new(well 70 years old) glass clorox bottles.
I sure as hell hope someone wants at least one of those..

to the right hand side I found 2 old shot glasses, I don't believe they have any markings. and that bottle to the left I'm not sure what it's about. I think it may be an old Heinz horse raddish bottle based on G***** images.



You know I told my self no more mason jars. Those 2 ball mason jars now hold my paint brushes. Kinda cool in my mind. 

So with more research on, you guessed it, the clorox bottles these seem to be from around the 50's. Which makes these bottles slightly cooler than things from the 1960's.

But that does ask the question: how old does garbage need to be to be considered cool?

An old sears catalog from 1903 in the wall, hey pretty. Dig up a Furby from the 1980's while digging a garden- pretty eh. that thing's getting thrown out. But I digress...


A few of those amber bottles from the 1st or 2nd trip out these. The tall ones are booze bottle for sure, whiskey maybe? The little guy still not 100% sure of but it does look pretty cleaned up.


             

Those two little jars with the tapered neck, next to the little mason jar: freaking MUSTARD jars. Says so along the bottom. Interesting...

Comments