An update of sorts 10/2023

Hey there, long time no speak, eh?


Been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off as of late. 

I joined Facebook again after years (I know), but hey there's plenty of people to talk decoys with. I just try to avoid the home page for obvious reasons.

So find me on facebook if you got one. I post more or less what's on my Instagram on there. 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550505441501&mibextid=ZbWKwL

Instagram: @SouthShoreDecoys

Another thing is I have many hand made  jackolanterns available on my eBay so check that out if your a fan of "all hallows eve".

Ebay: Southshoredecoys1

Now on  to what's what.

I started this blog as a sort of crash course on decoy history. See most of decoy, uh let's call it "lore" is sort of gate kept in out of print books and collectors circles. So I originally planned to post local stories from the past with a mix of info newbies could find useful along with my own carving endeavours. 
Well, you know, life kind of gets in the way of such plans. 

Recently I've been doing a fair bit of studying in old books hoping to write some articles to help those starting out. See decoy history is abit... Arbitrary? Much of it's 'here say' and 'so and so told me' that Macky and Barber wrote about &many people take it as gospel. So I guess what I'm writing should be taken with a grain of salt. As most of history should be, especially once the players and those who bore witness leave the planet. 


Anyway check back Monday for "Flatties, an American Classic", something mostly focusing on shore bird history of the Eastern United States.






Comments